Communicate with Confidence during your PLAB 2.
Discover over 50 hours of exclusive lectures covering all the possible PLAB 2 communication scenarios you could encounter.
Your Personal Guide
- Communication Encyclopaedia: The most extensive course giving you everything you need to know about this area of the PLAB 2 that candidates struggle on most.
- Pick and Use: Learn time tested words and phrases that you can easily use during your pressured PLAB 2 stations to wow your examiner.
- Practical Scenarios: Watch detailed interactions between your instructor and simulated patients to get a practical view of how to ace the stations!
- Anytime, Anywhere: Fit the course around your schedule with unlimited access to our video and guidelines library.
- Guidelines Library: Boost your learning with access to our library of history taking documents, guideline summaries and protocols.
- Focused History Taking: Common Histories
- Communicating Diagnosis and Management
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Consent, Capacity and Confidentiality
- Breaching Confidentiality
- Counselling: Dietary, Weight, Alcohol and Sexual Health
- Breaking Bad News
- End of Life Scenarios and DNAR
- Angry Patient
- Angry Relative
- Mistakes: Diagnosis and Management
- Anxious Patient
- Domestic Abuse
- Non-Accidental Injury (Child and Seniors)
- Psychiatry Assessments: AMTS, Mental Capacity and State
- Uncooperative Patient
- Treatment Refusal
- Patient Education
- Dealing with Complaints
Our On Demand PLAB 2 Communication Course extensively covers all the possible scenarios you could encounter in your examination.
History Taking: Use our unique system to ace any history taking station in the PLAB 2 and revise from our history taking summaries, which cover all possible conditions you could be assessed on in a structured manner.
Diagnosis and Management: As you work through your course you will be able to combine the communication skills you gain with our summary guidelines to fluidly repeat your diagnosis formulation and management protocol for any condition you may encounter in the PLAB 2
Difficult Stations: At the end of the course, you will be more than comfortable tackling the stations candidates struggle on most, including breaking bad news, counselling an underage patient, calming an angry patient and much more.
Ethics and Professionalism: Our PLAB 2 course is up-to-date with all the recent changes including the addition of ethics, medico-legal, professionalism and prescribing based questions.
High Yield Skills: At the end of the course, you will be a master at high yield communication skills, including picking up on empathy cues, reassuring the patient, sign posting and much more.
After Your Course: We are here to support you throughout your journey to the UK. Get in touch with us at any point after your course for advice, suggestions or otherwise.
Hi there! I’m Dr O and I will be your course instructor for the PLAB at Docty. I have been teaching at PLAB level for over 6 years now and have seen all the tricks that examiners have up their sleeves! These courses have been put together following extensive research and a lot of hard work. I sincerely hope you benefit from them and can’t wait to welcome you!